They say a picture is worth a thousand words. These days, with the social media world placing enormous emphasis on using high-quality images in content, no truer words have ever been spoken.
Where once written content was king, there has been a giant shift to the “visual” with the popularity and rapid growth of social sites like Pinterest and Instagram as well as the new timeline view on Facebook. Images can positively enhance all aspects of online content about your company.
- Articles/posts with images have 94% more total views than articles/posts without.
- 60% of consumers are more likely to consider a business that has an image show up in local search results.
- 67%of consumers say image quality is very important in selecting/purchasing products.
- Social media posts with photos have higher user engagement than text only.
Get Your Thousand Words Worth – Here are some tips to get the most out of your images:
- In articles and posts, use relevant images and search-optimized captions and metadata.
- For local searches, use high-quality images of your actual business instead of just your logo.
- With product images, include multiple views of each item.
- In social media, use high-quality “fun” images that people will want to share.
(Data source: MDG Advertising)