With the turn of the new year, you may have jotted down a list of desired personal improvements. Or perhaps you skipped resolutions altogether this year. No matter your stance on these goals, the new year is certainly a time to revamp your website design. Studies have shown that 93% of online experiences start with a search engine, and the right web development can turn these web users into customers.
To clean up your website solutions this year, be sure to leave these outdated web design techniques in 2017.
- Gloss: Glossy buttons, glossy logos, glossy graphics — the past decade has given rise to a shiny internet. But it’s time to leave the sheen in the past. More recent trends are simplifying this style, so opt for a flat button that matches your color scheme. The same goes for your logo and other graphics.
- Generic Typography: Companies can no longer get away with cookie cutter typefaces on their sites. To help your site stand out, it’s essential to hire web design services and invest in custom typography. From your local to your page headers, you can benefit from having a unique look.
- Music: While most businesses have included auto-play music in the past, far too many still have it in place. Nothing will make a user run from your page faster than an abrasive jungle that plays upon opening. Silence lets your content do the talking instead.
- Complicated Contact Forms: No one wants to give copious amounts of personal information when they try to reach out to you. You can request that later. For now, minimize your contact form to ask for only the essential information from potential clients. This works with short attention spans rather than against them.
- Pop-Ups: Similar to auto-music, pop-ups are more annoying than anything else. Even if they promote a sale or offer, they will generally distract from the content that a user is looking at. If you must use a pop-up, use it to promote an irresistible offer.
By updating your web development this year, you can keep up with your competition and weed out any poor design. To take your web design to the next level, hire a website design company. These professionals know what it takes to make your site stand out.